cPanel comes with an option to determine the password strength, when creating/modifying the password for the accounts in cPanel/WHM. cPanel recommends default minimum password strength to at least 50. This will help to provide protection against brute force attacks. This configuration can also be bypassed when setting password using the command "passwd".
Let's see how to change the Password Strength Configuration in cPanel.
* Login to WHM.
* Main >> Security Center >> Password Strength Configuration.
* In the following page, you can change the password strength.
FROM COMMAND LINE:
* Login to the server via SSH as root.
* Open the cPanel configuration file " /var/cpanel/cpanel.config" and search for the line "minpwstrength" and change the value.
#grep -i minpwstrength /var/cpanel/cpanel.config
* Restart cPanel service.
NOTE:: It is always recommended to take the backup of the configuration file before attempting any changes.
- 2 Users Found This Useful
/usr getting filled up in cPanel server=======================================Following actions...
There are various reasons for this error. When ever you are getting error check the Apache error...
A SRV record or Service record is a specification of data in the Domain Name System defining the...
Can't receive mail to domain's default email addressError: No such user hereSolution:1) Open...
How to change FTP port=================Pure-FTP--------1) Edit /etc/pure-ftpd.conf and look for...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution